Andhra Crab Meat Masala is a fragrant medley of spices and aromatics. Also, crabs are one of the home remedies for bad cold. Remember to choose smaller freshwater crabs while making this recipe since the smaller ones are more tender, juicier and tastier. Serve Andhra Crab Meat Masala with steamed rice and rotis.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Serving Size4
- 200 gms Crab Meat
- 60 gms refined Oil
- 2gms Curry Leaves
- 10 gms Garlic, chopped
- 6gms Green Chilli
- 40 gms Onion, chopped
- 15 gms Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 10 gms coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 gm Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder
- 1 gm Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander Powder
- 1gm Thillai’s Unjha Cumin Powder
- 1 gm Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- 1 gm Thillai’s Garam Masala powder
- 3 gms Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 2 gm Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 80 gms Chop Masala
- 20 gms Tomato, chopped
- Take a pan, add 200 gms refined Oil and saute 40 gms Onion chopped, 10 gms Garlic chopped, 6 gms Green Chilli, 2 gms Curry leaves along with 15 gms Ginger-Garlic paste. Saute till light golden brown.
- Add the 200 gms Crabs and saute for 5 minutes.
- After the crab changes its colour to deeper in 10 minutes on a medium heat, start adding 1 gm Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder, 1 gm Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander Powder, 1 gm Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder, 1 gm Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 1 gm Thillai’s Unjha Cumin Powder, 1 gm Thillai’s Garam Masala powder and salt as per taste. Stir in the spices to ensure the crab is coated well with the spices.
- Add chopped 20 gms Tomato and 80 gms Chop Masala and 1 lemon juice. Stir them into the crab mixture. Add half cup of water since crab cooks from its own moisture in the meat as well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on simmered flame for 5-6 minutes, until the water from the meat starts oozing out.
- Once done, garnish the Andhra Crab Meat Masala with chopped fresh 10 gms Coriander leaves.
Now serve hot Andhra Crab Meat Masala