An aromatic chicken pulao recipe, perfect for dinner parties or a casual dinner with family. This is an easy and free recipe to cook that does not require elaborate steps and can be cooked with simple ingredients found in your kitchen. Serve with a bowl of Mirchi Salan or a raita.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serving size: 6
- 750g Chicken
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Mint (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 4 Thillai’s Clove
- 2 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 1 Cup Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 4 Green Chilli (Slit into half)
- 1 Cup Tomato (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method For Chicken Pulao
- Add 750g chicken, 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 3 teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon mint and 2 tablespoon coriander in a bowl.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoon ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add 4 Thillai’s Clove, 2 inch cinnamon stick, 2 black cardamom and fry for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup onion and fry until slightly browned. Add 1 teaspoon ginger paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add 4 green chilli, 1 cup tomato and fry for 2-3 minutes.Add marinate chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Simmer the heat and cover the pan. Cook until chicken is 80% done.
- Remove the lid and cook on high heat until all the water is reduced.
- Add 2 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 cup basmati rice along with water and salt to taste.
- Cover the pan with a tight lid.Cook the pulao on very low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle some ghee on top.
- Garnish with fried onion, fresh coriander and mint and serve hot with raita.