- Cook Time45 min
- YieldServes 2
- 1 cup Rava (suji / semolina)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Chana Dal (gram dal)
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal (black split lentils without husk)
- 1-2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 6-7 Cashew Nuts, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup Thick Yogurt (curd)
- ½ cup grated Carrot
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Eno Fruit Salt
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ tablespoon Ghee
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon ghee and 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy-based pan or Kadai.
- Add mustard seeds; when they start to crackle, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chana dal and urad dal.
- Sauté until dal turns light brown. Add curry leaves, dry red chilli and cashew nuts and sauté for 30-40 seconds.
- Soak it with curd and salt mix it well, soak 30 minutes, then grease the idly plates with oil, pou the mixture of the Rava Idli Batter , boil it 10 minutes, fluffy and tasty rava idly ready to serve
Now tasty Rava idli is ready to serve.