Fish Cutlet is an easy and healthy snack delicacy, very popular in Indian Cuisine. This is a delicious cutlet for fish lovers. Master the art of making hot crispy cutlets oozing with traditional and authentic Indian flavors. Serve cutlets with some onion salad and a dash of ketchup.
Cooking Time: 25mins
- 1/2kg Boneless Fish
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Onion finely chopped, medium
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger chopped
- 5 Green chillies chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Curry leaves optional, chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Potato boiled and mashed, medium
- Salt as required
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Egg beat well
- 2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cup Oil
For marinating the fish
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- Salt as required
Preparation Method For Kerala Style Fish Cutlet
- Clean and wash ½ kg boneless fish pieces. Add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder, ¼ teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder, salt and marinate for half an hour.
- Mix well and allow it to cool. Mince it using hand. Make sure that the fish doesn’t get mashed.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add chopped 2 onion, 2 tablespoon ginger, 5 green chillies and 2 tablespoon curry leaves and saute well by adding salt.
- Add mashed 1 potato, ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder and 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder and mix it well with the onion mixture.
- Add minced fish and mix well but make sure that the fish doesn’t get mashed.
- Remove it from flame and allow it to cool.
- Beat well the 1 eggs by adding little salt.
- Make balls out of the cutlet mix and shape it into oval shaped cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in beaten egg, coat it evenly with 2 cup bread crumbs and fry it in 2 cup oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.