- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- Serving Size5
- 15 Idlis
- 120g Onion
- 125g Peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 120g Cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ Teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Ginjali oil
- Few fresh Coriander Leaves and curry leaves
- Cut the 15 Idlis horizontal-wise.
- Heat a grill pan, add 3 tablespoons of Ginjali oil, add ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds, add few curry leaves, ½ teaspoon of sesame seeds, add 120g of chopped onions, stir-fry till light brown
- Add 125g of peanuts, 2 tablespoons of Thillai’s Guntur Chilli powder, salt and stir
- Brush idlis with fat all over.
- Place the lower part on a tray.
- Spread some prepared mixture on it.
- Place top half of it. Press lightly.
- Sprinkle some 120g cheese over top.
- Repeat for remaining idlis and mixture
- Place on a rack under a hot grill till cheese starts sizzling
- Garnish with fresh Coriander leaves
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or curd
Now tasty GRILLED IDLI is ready to serve.