- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time20 min
- Serving Size10
- 4 Cup parboil rice(pulungal rice in tamil) or Idli rice
- 1 Hand full raw rice
- 1 Cup urud dal
- 1 Teaspoon fenugreek
- Soak both the rice for 6 hours.
- Soak urud dal and fenugreek for one hour
- Grind urud dal and fenugreek for 15 mins until it comes bluffy (don’t add more water, sprinkle the water in the necessary time)
- Add this urud batter in the separate vessel
- Grind the rice by adding enough water into a fine paste
- Add these two mixtures in the vessel and mix well without lumps
- Keep it in room temperature for about an hour and keep it in refrigerator.
- It will help to make the batter for enough sour taste to make perfect Idli
- After 6 hours take the batter outside and keep it until it attains normal room temperature
- Now take the batter and fill it in the Idli pot and steam it for 7 mins.
- Now we can get fluffy and spongy Idli
Now tasty Sambar Idli is ready to serve.