Kadai Chicken is a delicious Indian chicken curry where chicken is cooked with freshly ground spices. The simplicity in this dish is the use of simple Indian Masala like garam masala powder and red chilli powder. Serve the Kadai Chicken Recipe along with Tawa Paratha, Boondi Raita for a weekday meal.
Cooking Time: 1hr
Serving Size: 4
- 750g Chicken
- 2 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 Teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
For Roast and Grind
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Fennel seeds
- 2 Teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper
- 3 Thillai’s Guntur Sannam Chilli
- 3 Tablespoon ghee
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Black cardamom
- 1 Inch cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cup onion chopped
- 1 Inch ginger juliennes
- 2 Teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 Cup tomato
- 5 Green chilli
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Cup yogurt
- ½ Cup capsicum
- ½ Cup onion (Cubed and separated)
- ½ Teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala
- ¼ Cup fresh cream
- 1 Tablespoon kasuri methi
- 1 Tablespoon coriander leaves
Preparation Method For Kadai Chicken
- In a bowl add 750g chicken with 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and let marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
Roast and grind
- In a pan add 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Fennel seeds, 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper and 3 Thillai’s Guntur Sannam Chilli on medium low heat until they are browned and fragrant.
- Cool and grind the roasted spices to make a powder.
- Heat 3 tablespoon ghee and 2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add 2 black cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon and 2 bay leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup onion and fry until it turns light brown.
- Add 1 inch ginger, 2 teaspoon garlic, 1 cup tomato, 5 green chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken and the ground masala and cook on high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup yogurt whisked with maida.
- Add ½ cup of water, salt and cover the pan. Cook the chicken on low heat until it is almost cooked.
- Add ½ cup capsicum, ½ cup onion cubes, ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala and ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup fresh cream and 1 tablespoon kasuri methi and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon coriander leaves.
- Now serve tasty Kadai Chicken.