- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- Serving Size3
- Kambu – 1 Cup
- Idli Rice – 1/2 Cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak Kambu, Idli rice, Urad dal together for 5 hours.
- Once soaked add salt and grind to a smooth paste.
- Collect in a bowl and let it ferment overnight.
- The next day, mix the batter well and make Idlies by steaming for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot and soft healthy idlies with tomato chutney or green chutney.
Now tasty Kambu Idli is ready to serve.