A popular Biryani recipe from the south India spread all across the globe, Keema Biryani is the delicious amalgamation of rice with aromatic spices is a delight to relish on. Perfect for dinner parties with friends and family, to impress everyone with your culinary skills!
Cooking Time: 1hr 25mins
Serving Size: 4
- 500g Rice
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 6 Raisins
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 Cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ Teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 Teaspoon Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder
- ½kg Lamb keema
- 1 Glass milk
- 50g Butter
- 1 Tablespoon rose water
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1 Piece ginger, sliced
- 2 Teaspoon Thillai’s Cumin seeds
- 2 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 4 Pods Thillai’s Cardamom
- 3 Black cardamom
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Teaspoon mace
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper
- 6 Thillai’s Clove
- Water as required
- Salt as required
Preparation Method For Keema Biryani
- Wash and soak 500g rice in water for some time.
- Dry roast 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Cumin seeds, 2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 4 pods Thillai’s Cardamom, 4 cinnamon sticks, 2 teaspoon mace, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper and 6 Thillai’s Clove. Cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Blanch 1 cup almonds in water, peel and cut them into small pieces. Chop 6 raisins finely. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a pan and add 1 cup sliced onions. Cook on low heat.
- 1 cup Whisk yoghurt, 1 tablespoon garlic paste, ½ teaspoon ginger paste, 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander Powder, 3 black cardamom and 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder and add it to the onion. Cook for two minutes.
- Add ½ kg lamb keema and saute well. Add salt and fine powder. Cook for sometime.
- Add water and allow it to simmer. Add 1 glass milk, 50g butter, almonds and raisins. Transfer the keema to another pan.
- Boil the rice. Add 1 tablespoon rose water, salt and stir.
- After the rice is cooked, Put half into the Keema gravy. Add 6 mint leaves and 1 piece ginger.
- Put rest of the Keema gravy on top and then the rice.
- Cover it and allow it to cook.
- Serve the keema biryani hot.