- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time50 min
- 1 Kg Mutton
- 1 Cup Mustard/Refined oil
- 3 teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoon Fennel Powder
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Ujha Cumin Powder
- 3 teaspoon Brown Cardamom Powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafetida
- 4 Green Thillai’s Cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Thillai’s Cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon Saffron
- 1 Cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 2 Sprigs of Coriander Leaves
- Wash the Mutton properly and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 Cup mustard/refined oil in a pressure cooker. Add 2 Cinnamon sticks, 2 Bay leaves, 2 Green Thillai’s Cardamom, 2 Thillai’s Cloves, 1 teaspoon Asafetida, salt and mutton together.
- Cook till it turns brown. Once browned, pour some water.
- Add 3 teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chili Powder and 1/3 teaspoon Saffron in the mutton. Keep stirring for about a minute.
- Mix the 1 Cup Curd nicely in the blender and pour it into the pressure cooker. Keep on stirring till you get a reddish tinge.
- Add required water, 3 teaspoon Fennel Powder, 2 teaspoon Ginger Powder and cook it for 2 minutes.
- When the mutton are cooked softely, Peel and grind 2 green Thillai’s Cardamom and 3 teaspoon brown cardamom Powder add to the meat dish.
- Finally sprinkle 2 teaspoon Thillai’s Ujha Cumin Powder and simmer for a minute and add 2 Sprigs of Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
Now tasty Mutton Rogan josh is ready to serve!!
Taste With Best : Steamed Rice or Naan