- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time45 min
- Serving Size4
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp chana dal
- 4-5 Curry leaves chopped
- Ingredients for tempering
- 2 cups Oats flour (Oats should be roasted and then powdered into flour)
- ½ Cup Rawa
- 1 Cup Dahi
- 1 Cup carrots grated
- ¼ Cup coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ Green chillies chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Cups water or as required.
- In a bowl, combine oats flour with Rawa, carrots, coriander, turmeric, green chillies, salt. Mix it together. Add water to this mixture to bind it together. Make sure that the consistency is correct, not too thin or thick.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes. The Rawa will absorb most of the water.
- For the tempering, in a tempering spoon, heat oil. Add the mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, add urad dal, chana dal and the curry leaves. Chopped curry leaves will make any dish tastier.
- Add the crackling tempering to the batter and mix properly. Keep aside.
- Now, grease an idli tray with oil. Pour the batter in the idli molds carefully.
- Keep the idli steamer on high flame and let it come to a boil. Let it boil for about 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
Now tasty Oats idli is ready to serve.