- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Serving Size4
- 750 gms Chicken
- 2 sliced Onion
- 2 Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Pod Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder
- 2 teaspoons Thillai’s Whole Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Fennel Seeds
- 3 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Juice of ½ Lemon
Heat an iron kadai with coconut oil. Add in the 2 sliced onions and 2 green chilies. Let it saute on medium heat till light brown 3-4 mins.
Add in the finely chopped 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 pod garlic, mix well for a minute. Add ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Kashmiri chilli powder, ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Nattu Malli Coriander powder, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Garam Masala, and 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder. Mix well and add salt if needed.
Add in the marinated chicken. Mix well, 1 teaspoon add coconut vinegar, cover and cook. If there is water allow it to evaporate on high heat.
Open, and add ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Malabar Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
Let the chicken dry roast on low flame for another 5 minutes or until it becomes blackish brown in color. Make sure that you stir/mix it well, so that it does not stick to the bottom of the kadai.
Lastly sprinkle curry leaves and give a nice stir.
Serve kerala style pepper chicken with rice.