Crispy delicious Popcorn Chicken is a family favorite!! Making crispy popcorn chicken from scratch is easier than you think! It’s perfect as a snack, appetizer or a quick lunch and can be made in advance.
Cook Time: 10mins
- 1 Kg Boneless Chicken (breast sliced into cubes)
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika Optional
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 to 4 Cups Cooking Oil
preparation Method For Popcorn Chicken
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon Thillai’s Black Pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon paprika. Mix well. Let the chicken absorb the seasonings for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Crack the 2 eggs in a bowl. Beat.
- Place 1 cup all purpose flour in a bowl. Line-up with the bowl of beaten egg and then the one the marinated chicken breasts.
- Heat the 3 to 4 cup cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Dip each piece of chicken in beaten egg, and then dredge in flour. Make sure that the chicken gets coated with flour all over. Put in a clean plate or bowl.
- Double coat the chicken by repeating the previous step (dip in egg again and then dredge in flour).
- Deep fry each coated chicken piece for 3 to 5 minutes or until light to medium brown. Remove from the pot and let the excess oil drip.
Serve yummy Popcorn Chicken with your favorite dipping sauce.