- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time20 min
- Serving Size4
- Ragi -3 tumbler
- Idli rice – 1 tumbler
- Black urad Dhall – 1 tumbler
- Red poha – 1 handful
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 spoon
- Salt as required
- Soak ragi for 5 hours.
- Soak idli rice and black urad Dhall along with Fenugreek seeds for 3 hours.
- And soak Red poha for just 10 mins before start grinding. Wash everything very nicely.
- First, start grinding black urad Dhall along with Fenugreek seeds.
- Then add ragi. Sprinkle water then and there and grind it for 40mins in total.
- It’s always better to stand near at least during the final stage of till the proper consistency is reached.
- Keep sprinkling water in between at regular intervals.
- The batter should be light and nice fluffy.
- Add salt as per requirement.
- Keep aside in a warm place to ferment well for at least 8-10 hours.
Now tasty Ragi idli is ready to serve.