- Cook Time20 min
- YieldServes 3
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), soaked for 3 hours, and drained
- 3/4 cup blanched and roughly chopped spinach
- 3 green chillies , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh low-fat curds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fruit salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oil for greasing
- Combine the yellow moong dal, spinach, and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the curds and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease the idli molds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli molds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and healthy coconut chutney.
Now tasty Moong dal and spinach idli are ready to serve.