- Cook Time30 min
- YieldServes 4
- 1 cup Rawa (semolina)
- 2 Teaspoon Chana dal,
- 2 Teaspoon white Urad Dal
- Half cup Curd
- Eno fruit salt
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- Tamarind pulp
- coriander seeds powder
- fenugreek seeds
- red chilli powder
- green chilli,
- whole red chilli,
- Mix rawa (semolina), curd salt and prepare a batter.
- Prepare tadka in a pan with oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves urad and Chana dal (Black and yellow gram pulses).
- Add to the batter. Mix eno at last. Transfer the batter to a greased idli maker and steam for 10 minutes.
- Take some oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, coriander powder, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add finely chopped tomatoes.
Now add salt, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes/ until tomatoes softens. Mash the tomatoes.
Add some water, tamarind pulp and a small piece of jaggery. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take coconut, peanuts, green chillies and curd in a mixer and make a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl. Make a tadka with oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli pieces.
- Add to the bowl. Chutney is ready.
Now tasty Rawa Idli is ready to serve.