- Cook Time10 min
- YieldServes 7
- 4 and half cup parboil rice
- 1 hand full rawrice
- 1 cup urud dal
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- Soak both the rice for 6 hours
- Soak urud dal and fenugreek for one hour
- Grind urud dal and fenugreek for 15 mins until .
- Grind the rice by adding enough water into a fine paste
- Add these two mixtures and mix well without lumps
- Keep it at room temperature for about an hour and keep it in the refrigerator.
- It will help to make the batter for enough sour taste to make perfect idly
- After 6 hours take the batter outside and keep it until it attains normal room temperature
- Now take the batter and fill it in the idly cooker and steam it for 7 mins.
- So it gets fluffy and soft idly
Now tasty Steamed Idli is ready to serve.