Palakkad Chicken Curry – A blend of spices from the spice growing regions of Kerala that is aromatic and flavourful.
- Cook Time50 min
- YieldServes 1
- 15 Shallots / Sambar Onion
- 6 Dry Red Chillies
- 3 tbsp Thillai’s Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Thillai’s Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Thillai’s Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Thillai’s Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Onions Sliced thinly
- Curry Leaves – A Handful
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Lemon JuiceTo Taste
- Coriander Leaves – A handful chopped finely
Clean and cut the chicken into medium-sized pieces take in a bowl add salt and Thillai’s turmeric powder and mix well. leave to marinate for 30 mins.
Heat 1 tblsp oil in a kadai. Add in shallots and dry red chillies and fry for 3 mins. Remove to a blender.
Now in the same kadai. Add in spice powders and toast them for 2 to 3 mins.
Remove to the same blender and puree till smooth.
Heat more oil in the kadai. Add in onions and curry leaves and cook till golden.
Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well, now add in chicken and mix well.
Cover and cook the chicken till it is half done.
Add in the ground masala and mix well. Cover again and cook for 10 to 15 mins on low flame.
Turn off the heat and add in lemon juice, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well.