Extra hot curry made with fiery red chillies from the famed Guntur chilli market
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium sized pieces take in a bowl Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste & thillai’s turmeric powder set this aside for 15min.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add in raw cardamom,cinnamon,cumin seeds and red chillies.
- Add in onions and fry till golden. Now add in ginger&garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add in tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Now add in thillai’s chilli and coriander powder. Pour in the blender masala of coconut and cashews to a smooth paste by adding some water and mix well.
- Take a frying pan heat the oil in simmer and fry some curry leaves and add in the marinated chicken in this oil and sauté well Remove this and set aside.
- Now add these chicken pieces in the gravy and mix well.
- Add required amount of water and salt bring that to boil. Cover and Cook this on a low flame for 30 mins.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and mix well
- Chicken-1/2 kg
- Dry Red chillies-4
- Onion-2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes-3 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste-1 tblspn
- Cumin seeds – 1Tbsp
- Cardamom to taste
- Cinnamon -1 inch piece
- Thillai’s turmeric powder -1 Tbsp
- Thillai’s Chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Thillai’s Coriander powder-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves-2 spring
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Coconut-1 cup & Cashews-4 tblspn
- Serve hot with rice. Tastes great with Idly, Dosa, Chapati or naan, Parotta, Idiyappam. Briyani
Now the perfect Andhra Chicken Gravy is ready!!!
Serve : 3 Peoples