Calcutta style chicken biryani recipe is a tasty mix of rice and chicken together with potatoes, made flavourful as it is cooked the Calcutta method. Terrific to be served for a Sunday lunch with your pals.
- Wash and cut Chicken. In a pressure cooker, take the chicken along with salt,2 tspn of THILLAI’S CHILLI POWDER, 2tspn of THILLAI’S TURMERIC POWDER, 2 tspn of GARAM MASALA and yogurt. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Once done, allow the pressure to fall down. Cook the excess water if any.
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. When ready to use, drain the rice over a sieve.
- Grind the shallots along with fresh mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves and green chilies to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Then add the onion sliced, green chilies, followed by the ginger garlic paste, saute well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Once the tomatoes get soft, add the ground masala to it and cook well till the oil comes out.
- Add the drained rice and bring to boil. Cover with lid and cook for 1 whistle. Simmer completely and cook for 10 mins.
- Grease a nonstick pan with ghee, spread the cooked biryani nicely and cover with a thick lid and dum cook for another 15 mins.
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Basmati Rice – 1 kg
- Oil – 4 tspn & Ghee – 2 tspn
- Onion – 8 Sliced
- Tomatoes – 4 chopped & Green chillies – 4
- Potatoes – 2 chopped
- Cardamom – 5, Cinnamon – 3 pcs & Cloves – 5
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tspn
- Thillai’s Turmeric Powder – 2 tspn
- Thillai’s Chilli Powder – 2 tspn
- Thillai’s curry powder– 2 tspn
- Thillai’s Garam masala – 2 tspn
- Salt – to taste & Water – as required
- Lemon Juice – 2 tspn & Yogurt – 250gm
- Fresh Mint leaves – few
- Fresh Coriander leaves – few
- Serve hot with Onion Raita.
Now the Perfect Calcutta Chicken Biryani is ready !!!
Serve : 4 Peoples