Dindigul is Tamil Nadu’s Biryani city. The place has been a hot-pot of meeting cultures and this explains the rich cuisine of the city. Dindigul Biryani is a delicious recipe to indulge in anytime. An amazing South Indian preparation which would simply be loved by everyone.
- Wash and cut Chicken. In a pressure cooker, take the chicken along with salt,2 tspn of THILLAI’S CHILLI POWDER, 2tspn of THILLAI’S TURMERIC POWDER, and yogurt. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Once done, allow the pressure to fall down. Cook the excess water if any.
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. When ready to use, drain the rice over a sieve.
- Grind the shallots along with fresh mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves and green chilies,cinnamon,cardamom,cloves to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In another Pressure cooker, heat oil, add all the wholes spices. Saute for some time.
- Then add the onion sliced, green chilies, followed by the ginger garlic paste, saute well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. Once the tomatoes get soft, add the ground masala to it and cook well till the oil comes out.
- Now add the cooked chicken and saute well .Add the drained rice and bring to boil. Cover with lid and cook for 1 whistle. Simmer completely and cook for 10 mins.
- Grease a nonstick pan with ghee, spread the cooked biryani nicely and cover with a thick lid and dum cook for another 15 mins.
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Basmati Rice – 1 kg
- Oil – 4 tspn & Ghee – 2 tspn
- Onion – 10 Sliced
- Tomatoes – 4 chopped
- Green chillies – 4
- Potatoes – 2 chopped
- Cardamom – 5, Cinnamon – 5 pcs
- Cloves – 5
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tspn
- Thillai’s Turmeric Powder – 2 tspn
- Thillai’s Chilli Powder – 2 tspn
- Salt – to taste & Water – as required
- Lemon Juice – 2 tspn
- Fresh Mint leaves – few
- Fresh Coriander leaves – few
- Serve hot with Onion Raita or chicken gravy.
Now the Perfect Dindigul Thalappakatti Chicken Biryani is ready !!!
Serve : 4 Peoples