A blend of spices from the spice growing regions of Kerala that is aromatic and flavourful
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium sized pieces take in a bowl add salt and Thillai’s turmeric powder and mix well. leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a kadai. Add in shallots and dry red chillies and fry for 3 mins. Remove to a blender.
- Now in the same kadai. Add in spice powders and toast them for 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove to the same blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat more oil in the kadai. Add in onions and curry leaves and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well, now add in chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook the chicken till it is half done.
- Add in the ground masala and mix well. Cover again and cook for 10 to 15 mins on low flame.
- Turn off the heat and add in lemon juice, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Shallots / Sambar Onion – 15
- Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
- Thillai’s Coriander powder – 3 tblsp
- Thillai’s Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
- Thillai’s Cumin powder – 2 Tbsp
- Thillai’s Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
- Thillai’s Turmeric Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 1 tblsp + 3 tblsp
- Onion – 2 large sliced thinly
- Curry Leaves a handful
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Coriander Leaves a handful chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Serve hot with rice. Tastes great with Idly, Dosa, Chapati or naan, Parotta, Idiyappam. Briyani
Now the Palakkad Chicken Curry Recipe is ready !!!
Serve : 4 Peoples