- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Serving Size4
- 150g Basmati Rice, washed
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 100g Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 200ml Milk
- 6 Green Thillai’s Cardamom Pods
- 50g Mix of Cashew Nuts and Raisins
- Soak the 150g Basmati rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain, put in a saucepan with the 400ml Coconut milk and add 100ml water .Cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender.
- Add in 100g Palm sugar or Brown sugar and stir it until it dissolves. Add 200ml Milk and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 6 pods of Thillai’s Cardamom. Lightly dry-fry the cashews and raisins and stir through. Serve warm or chilled with mango.