Spicy Tava Idli is one of the most popular menu item in the Restaurants. Tava Idli is a delicious twist to the regular idli we have. It can be made with fresh idlis, or with leftover idlis. Serve Tava Idli along with Tomato Onion Chutney in your kids snack box, or as an evening snack made with idlis leftover from breakfast.
Cook Time: 15mins
Serving Size: 2
- 8 Idlis
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato Roughly chopped
- ½ Green Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Green Peas
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ¼ Teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Green Chili
- ½ Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves For Garnishing
- Chop the steam cooked 8 idlis into medium sized cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add 1 green chili and mix well.
- Now, add chopped 1 onion, 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste. Saute well till translucent.
- Then, add chopped 1 tomatoes, add 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala, 1 teaspoon Thillai’s Guntur Chili Powder and salt. Mix together all.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft. Now add chopped ½ green capsicum and 2 tablespoon green peas. Also add ¼ teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder. Add 1/2 cup of water and allow the veggies to cook till veggies are soft but little crunchy.
- Now add the cubed idli to the masala. Give a gentle mix. Garnish with chopped 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Finally add ½ lemon juice and mix well.
The delicious Spicy Tava Idli is now ready to serve!!!