Sweet Corn Halwa is a quick, delicious sweet prepared with sweet corn. It is milk based Halwa that has unique taste of sweet corn. You can make this delicious and easy Halwa for special occasions or festivals. Serve Sweet Corn Halwa as a dessert after a simple meal for a weekday.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time25 min
- Serving Size4
- 2 cup Sweet corn
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoon Ghee
- a pinch of Saffron
- 2 Thillai’s Cardamom Pods
- 10 Cashew nuts
- Water as required
- To begin making the Corn Halwa recipe, firstly boil or Cook in the pressure cooker, 2 Cups of Sweet corn in required water for 2 whistles. Allow it to cool.
- Add the cooked corn kernels to mixer and grind into coarse paste adding a little water.
- Heat 2 tablespoon Ghee in a pan. Add the corn paste and saute well for 5 minutes until the colour changes to golden.
- Now add ½ Cup Milk, ½ Cup sugar, a Pinch of Saffron and crushed 2 Thillai’s Cardamom to it. Stir well and cook the Corn Halwa in medium flame until it becomes slightly thick.
- Add the remaining 1½ tablespoon ghee and cook the Corn Halwa stirring continuously until the ghee gets absorbed and starts leaving sides of the pan. This will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat a pan with ½ tablespoon ghee. Add the 10 cashews nuts and fry till they turn a little brown in colour.
- Add these cashews on the Corn Halwa.
Now yummy and tasty Sweet Corn Halwa is ready!!!