Tawa Fish Fry is one of the easiest and delicious fish fry recipe. This recipe is made with fresh spices and masala with a tang of lemon. Tawa fish fry can be served hot as an appetizer with coriander mint chutney or can even be served as a side dish with hot rice and fish curry.
Cook Time: 20mins
Serving Size: 3
- ½ kg fish (Barracuda/Snakehead murrel is preffered)
- 2 Tablespoons Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 1 Inch ginger chopped
- 1 Teaspoon vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder
- ½ Lemon juice
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Coconut oil for frying. (KPL shudhi)
- ½ Bunch coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method For Tawa Fish Fry
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons Thillai’s Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 1 tablespoon Thillai’s Guntur Chilli Powder, 1 Tablespoon ginger & garlic paste,1 teaspoon vinegar, salt, ½ lemon juice and ½ teaspoon Thillai’s Erode Turmeric Powder.
- Mix well and add very little water and make it into a thick paste. Apply this paste on the fish and marinate the fish for 30 mins.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add chopped 1 inch ginger, chopped 1 green chilli and 1 spring curry leaves.
- Put on medium flame and add fish one by one, fry on low flame until fish is cooked.
- Continue the process till all the fishes are fried and cooked.
- Finally, garnish it with ½ bunch coriander leaves.
- Enjoy hot Tawa Fish Fry with coriander mint chutney or as a side dish.