Vermicelli Idli is an amazing versatile food ingredient which has noodle like texture. You can make an excellent breakfast when you need some refreshment of taste. Vermicelli Idli, an instant and quick to make idli without conventional fermentation process.
Cook Time: 30mins
Serving Size: 4
For Idli Batter
- 1 Cup Vermicelli
- 1 Cup Rava
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Carrot
- 8 Curry Leaves Chopped
- Few Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Thillai’s Mustard seeds
- A Pinch of Asafoetida
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as Needed
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
For Fish Curry
- 1 Kg Fish
- 1 Onion
- 100ml Tamarind juice
- 2 Tomato
- Fresh Curry leaves
- 50gm Thillai’s Easy Madras Fish Masala
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Preparation method for Vermicelli Idli
Making Vermicelli Idli
- In a glass bowl, add 1 cup rava, 1 cup vermicelli, 1 cup curd, 1 tablespoon carrot, 1 teaspoon salt and water mix well (general Idli batter consistency) and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now heat 3 tablespoon oil in a pan and make seasoning add a pinch of asafoetida, 8 Curry leaves, 1 tablespoon Thillai’s Mustard Seeds and pour it into the batter.
- Turn off heat then add chopped coriander leaves. Add these seasoned ingredients to the rava vermicelli batter mixture. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda & mix well.
- Heat idli cooker with water & let it boil. Then grease idly plates with oil, pour batter in each cavity, then place it in boiling water, cover lid and steam it for 10 min.
- Now hot Vermicelli Idli is ready
Making Fish Curry
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped 1 onion, 2 tomatoes and saute for few minutes.
- Add 50g Thillai’s Easy Madras Fish Masala, Tamarind juice 100ml, salt and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add water & bring it to boil while boiling add diced/sliced 1 kg fish pieces and allow to cook for 10 minutes (for creamy texture add coconut milk).
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Now serve hot and delicious Vermicelli Idli with Fish Curry!!!